Lexis CLE: The Ethics of AI and Legal Analytics
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022
- 11:00am - 12:00pm Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Lexis CLE: The Ethics of AI and Legal Analytics Online
The Commerce Research Library is pleased to virtually host a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program facilitated by LexisNexis. To receive credit from the program attendees must be present for the entire class.
What is legal analytics? Everyone has heard the buzz, but most of us have not had much exposure to the concept. During this session, we will answer this question and review general trends in artificial intelligence, including the mechanisms by which this data is being used by legal professionals. We will also focus in detail about how the Model Rules of Professional Conduct are implicated by the use of this technology, and what the future holds for legal professionals as this technology continues to evolve.
This course will cover:
- What is AI and Legal Analytics
- How is AI being used today?
- Examples of how AI is being used in the legal industry
- Ethical concerns arising out of an attorney’s use of AI
- The future of AI and Legal Analytics
The Library uses Microsoft Teams for all events. When joining the event, you may be prompted to download the Teams desktop app. Joining via the Teams app will provide the best experience, but it is not required; users may also choose to join by browser (Teams is compatible with Chrome and Edge browsers). For additional help, check out our Webinar FAQs.