Lexis CLE: Cybersecurity 101 for Federal Government
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- 11:00am - 12:00pm Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
Lexis CLE: Cybersecurity 101 for Federal Government Online
The Commerce Research Library is pleased to virtually host a Continuing Legal Education (CLE) program facilitated by LexisNexis. To receive credit from the program attendees must be present for the entire class.
With data security incidents and data breaches happening daily, it’s important for federal government employees to turn towards one reality—it’s NOT IF a breach or incident will occur—it’s WHEN. These incidents are forcing federal government agencies to address, define, and handle these challenges. As cloud technology and big-data analytics have become the norm, cybersecurity risks have increased and it is more important than ever to have both an avoidance and a response plan in place.
During this 60-minute CLE session, we will cover:
- The latest security threats in the news and what’s being done to address/remedy them;
- Explore current data breach laws;
- The roles and responsibilities of federal government agencies, and
- How to prepare a data breach avoidance plan as well as a data breach response plan.
This class is tailored towards attorneys looking to gain Continuing Legal Education credit but all DOC staff are welcome to attend.
For webinar help, check out our Webinar FAQs. The Library uses Microsoft Teams for all events. You may be prompted to download the Teams desktop app when joining the event. Joining via the Teams app will provide the best experience, but it is not required; users may also choose to join by browser (Teams is compatible with Chrome and Edge browsers).
To use captions, go to your meeting controls and select More options ⋯ > Turn on live captions. To learn more, visit Microsoft's Use live captions in a Teams meeting support page.
For accommodation requests, including sign language interpreting, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.